Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Guess what I did today??!!! I went to school!!! And not just any school, my school! This morning me and Mommy went to my new school (Westowne Elementary) to meet my new teacher and see my new class. Turns out my teacher wasn't there because her mother died last night. How sad, I am gonna give her a big hug when I finally meet her. Even though Ms. Carol wasn't there we still went to class. Ms. Janine the assistant teacher was there and she was great! When we walked into class she knew exactly who I was. She said "Hi Quinn" and then she introduced me to the rest of the class. There were 10 kids there and they all said hi to me! It was so cool. Then we did our morning routine.

First we did weather, it was raining so one of the little boys went to the front and put a raindrop on the day, then we sang the weather song. Then we did the date, and sang the months of the year song. After that we did the alphabet, guess what song we sang :) Then we did numbers. I was number 4 and I went to the front of the room and put the number on the board when it was my turn. Then we did shapes, I got the rectangle and put it on the right place (with a little help from my teacher). I guess when I start full time we will do all those things every morning. All the kids get to take turns doing each part so I will be getting my turn too!

Then the teacher read us a book. It was a pretty good book, but I was distracted looking at everything around the room. There was an alphabet rug on the floor and I was sitting right in front of "M" for Moon. But it was a skinny moon and it was yellow....so I started signing "banana" and saying eat. I guess I was a little confused. I was a little hungry too cause snack time was next. All the kids brought their own snacks but the teacher had some extra pretzels for me. While she was getting it I tried to steal some potato chips from the little boy sitting next to me. I thought it was funny, but Mommy didn't! Then I was watching the little girl sitting next to me and she finished her pudding and wiped her face with a napkin. So when she put it back down in front of me I picked it up and wiped my face! Mommy was proud of me for that one.

It was raining so we couldn't go outside to play. So the teacher set up a tunnel and trampoline. I was a little nervous about going through the tunnel with all those kids watching me, but I decided to do it anyway. Everyone cheered for me! After that we sang "Five Little Monkeys" and everyone got a chance to pull the velcro monkeys off the board. I tried but I couldn't get them off, so my teacher helped. Then it was time to go home, but I had so much fun I didn't even want to leave!! I think I am really going to like school.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Amy I love your blog. It sounds like Quinn had a wonderful day! Tristan loves his pre-school I think it is his Fav place to go besides MCdonaulds. LOL