Monday, February 26, 2007

Today was interesting...

I was supposed to go play with Grandpa Don while Mommy went to my IEP meeting, but that didn't happen. Because of the snow everything got delayed and confused and Mommy ended up just having my meeting over the phone. The good news is that Grandpop Bill came home and played with me and Cooper during Mommy's phone call. That was pretty fun!

The IEP meeting was to figure out what to do with me when I turn three. So far it all sounds pretty good. Every morning a school bus will come pick me up at home (wherever that is), I will get in my stroller and go for a ride on the wheelchair lift! Fun! Then they will take me out of my stroller and put me in a carseat. I will ride the bus to school and then a teacher or aide will come out and get me off the bus and take me to my classroom.

I will be going to a special education 3 year old program at one of the neighborhood schools. There won't be any typical kids in my class, but they told Mommy that they will try and include me with the typical pre-k and Kindergarten kids for the extra stuff, like assemblys, picnics, and field trips. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Until I walk on my own I will have an aide just for me. They will help me move around the classroom and school, etc. Once I start walking that will probably stop though. I will go to school everyday for half days. There will be a communication book so Mommy and my teacher can send notes back and forth to each other. They are going to teach me how to feed myself and use a toilet! I am also supposed to learn 20 words. Mommy told them they need to put up some gates cause I really like to escape. I will probably go to summer school this year too, since I am starting so late in the year. I start school the Monday after I turn three! That is April 23rd! I am so excited, I can't wait to go to school!

No comments: