Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I did so good during speech today!!! First we did the thing where I chose between the picture of the book and the bubbles. So I chose the book and pointed to it like I was supposed to. Well, my teacher gave me the wrong book so I threw it on the floor and pointed to the picture of the book again. She was confused until Mommy said "maybe he wants the other book!". Well, duh! She gave me the other book and I was very happy. So happy that when she took it away and asked if I wanted more, I signed "more"! As if that wasn't enough, at the end of the session I really blew them away. I grabbed the whole stack of picture cards and carefully looked through them all. I threw each one to the floor until I got to the one I wanted, the book! Then I put that on my desk and pointed to it! I wanted the other book this time and it didn't take them long to figure that out. So not only do I have my first word "bye-bye" (I also waved and said that to my speech teacher today), but I have a sign "more", and I can communicate using PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)! And to think only last month I couldn't comunicate at all !!(at least not conventionally)

I rock!!!!

No comments: