Friday, February 03, 2006

I just want everyone to know that I wrote a big detailed blog entry last night and it just disappeared! I am really mad at the stupid Blogger site, but I guess it is okay, we all make mistakes.

So in a nutshell...Yesterday I went to my Down Syndrome playgroup. It was fun but I was too shy to play with the other kids my age. I did play with the baby that was there and found him absolutely fascinating, Mommy says that is really good but I am not sure why! I saw other kids do it, so when we got home I walked across the living room behind my walker wagon, twice! Then Grandma came over and Daddy got home from his business trip. It was a great day!

Today I went to my speech class. The therapist took me into the playroom alone without Mommy. I really really really didn't like that so I cried real hard. Mommy came back in and calmed me down, after about 10 minutes I was okay to participate again. I sat in a chair and we read a book about animals. It was a foam book where the animals can come out like a puzzle. Well I am getting pretty good at puzzles so when the therapist handed me the animal I placed it right back where it belonged and then we pushed it into place together. It was pretty fun and everyone was impressed that I knew how to do puzzles so good! Then we played with bubbles, I love bubbles! I kept trying to catch them in my hands. It was a fun session and they said from now on Mommy can stay with me, at least for a couple more weeks. That will be good, just so I can get to know Shannon my therapist a little better first.

When we got home, and after a nap, I played with Daddy a bunch. I had a great time putting things in my fishbowl and taking them out. Then I walked across the living room with my walker wagon again so Daddy could see how good I can do. Then I was so worn out I had to go to sleep! Tomorrow I go to Grandma Jan's, Yea!

No comments: