Thursday, January 11, 2007

This morning Grandpop Bill came over and I was so excited to see him! We all went to the hosptial together. It was a hosptial I had never been to before, but I know a hospital when I see one! It was a nice place, they had some fish tanks and a tv in the waiting room. Everything was great until they took me back to a room for my x-ray. They wanted me to drink this nasty stuff and I wouldn't, so the doctor came and put a tube down my nose! It was so gross and I hated every minute of it, but I wasn't too scared cause Grandpop Bill was in there with me. After the whole "tube in nose" thing I was pretty upset, but Grandpop, Mommy, Cooper, and me took a walk around the hospital and I calmed down. Then I had to get another x-ray, but no tube this time. Then we sat in the waiting room for a while and watched the Price is Right...that is a really cool show! After that I got one more x-ray and they said I could go home because there was nothing wrong with my belly! Yay!

Grandpop got me dressed in the waiting room cause Mommy was feeding Cooper. He did a pretty good job, but as we were leaving a nice lady pointed out that he had put my shoes on the wrong feet! Grandpop! It was pretty funny! After that we were all starving , all I had to eat was a tube full of barium and it was already lunch time! We went to the cafeteria and I had pizza! Yum! We couldn't find a highchair so I sat in a regular chair. I did a really good job and didn't squirm or fall at all, I was too busy concentrating on my pizza.

I hated going for an Upper GI, but I really loved spending all that time with Grandpop Bill. Thanks for coming with me Grandpop!

After my nap my PT came over. Mommy brought out my walker and I went right up to it and tried to climb in. Then I walked across the living room! Mommy is going to leave it where I can get to it from now on. My new speech teacher was supposed to come over today, but it didn't happen. She called and said she was going to be really late and it was going to run into family time. Mommy told her that wouldn't work and there were no other times that would either. So she isn't going to be my speech teacher after all. Oh well, I have too much therapy as it is!

No comments: