Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wow! I had a great day! When I woke up this morning I found out that all our guests had slept over. I was so excited to see everyone, especially Aunt Leslie..I couldn't take my eyes off her. They had to leave early though so we didn't get to play much.

Today was the monthly Down Syndrome playgroup. We went even though Mommy forgot to call and RSVP. When we got there (late) no one else was there! We waited a while and me and Mommy practiced walking around the big room. I was having a great time but Mommy said we didn't drive all the way to Towson to play all alone! So we left and went to the mall. At first I thought "how lame, the mall!" but then we went to the play area and I was in heaven! Mommy took my shoes off and put me down and I took off to play with the other kids. I had a great time climbing on stuff and under stuff and watching the other kids. I kept trying to climb up the slides (there were two!) but I couldn't do it. Finally Mommy showed me that there were steps too, so I would climb up the steps and slide down the slide. I did spit up twice which really embarrassed Mommy. She said good thing that the play place isn't invitation only...cause we wouldn't have been invited back! Poor Mommy she had to follow me around with a wipe the whole time just in case. All the other mommies got to relax and sit down, but not my Mommy! I loved it so much that when it was time to go I cried! I hope we get to go back soon!!!!

Then this afternoon my speech teacher came over. I did a good job and pointed to my eye again when she told me to. It is official, I know where my eyes are! I also made a sound kinda like "woof woof" when my teacher pointed to a picture of a dog. She was pretty impressed.

No comments: