Sunday, November 05, 2006

I had a rough night! We all went out to eat as a family at the buffet place tonight. I was in a really good mood when we got there! I was looking all around, smiling at people, eating french fries and pizza. It was great.....then this guy sat down behind me and hung his big furry coat on the back of his chair. Well, his coat looked just like Portia! So I reached over and grabbed it! Mommy said the "N" word (NO!) and then I totally lost it. I really wanted to pet that guy's coat and I started making my frowny face and crying really loud. Mommy had to ask the guy to put his coat on the other side of their table, but I still couldn't pull it back together. That poor guy probably felt bad that his coat was, as Mommy so eloquently put it, "freaking my kid out".

After I finally calmed down (in the car on the way home), I felt really bad cause I realized I ruined Mommy and Daddy's dinner and I also missed out on ice cream for dessert! Daddy said I must have finally hit my "terrible twos" and Mommy said that we aren't going out to dinner alone like that again for a long time. I guess they expected Cooper to cry, but having both of us cry was just too much. Oh well! For the record, I definitely understand what the word "no" means and I really don't like it!

No comments: