Monday, December 11, 2006

I had a really busy day today! This morning my OT came over and she tested me on a bunch of stuff. I did a pretty good job. Then after she left my teacher came over and tested me on even more stuff! It was kinda funny cause I did some stuff for my teacher that I wouldn't do for my OT. Oh well, my teacher said those tests don't really count for anything anyway.

After that I took a really short nap. It was too short and I was in a really bad mood when Mommy woke me up! I managed to eat half my lunch, but I was so cranky that I cried even after she put me in the car. We were in the car for a really long time and I cried for a good part of the trip. We were going out to the country for my first horseback riding therapy session, but I didn't realize that! As soon as we got there and I saw the horses I cheered up right away! I wasn't quite sure what we were going to be doing, but I knew it would be fun!

Mommy put my helmet on me (I didn't fuss at all, I am such a good boy). Then my therapist, Robin, introduced me to my horse...Snickers. I was okay with that, but when they tried to put me on his back I got scared!!! So Miss Robin said she would ride behind me and I felt a little more comfortable about that. She sat behind me and held me around the waist. I was still a little upset, but then the horse started walking!!! It was soooo cool! I love it! I held onto the ring in front of me and relaxed and just enjoyed the ride. Everyone was really impressed with how well I did. We went outside cause it was such a nice day and we rode for at least a half hour. I was so happy I didn't even want it to end! After the ride I helped feed Snickers a snack, he is such a nice horsey. I was in such a great mood for the whole rest of the day even though I was tired. I really loved horseback riding and I can't wait to do again next week!!

Mommy says that riding a horse is supposed to help my balance and my trunk stregnth, but I don't care about any of that. I just think it is the funnest thing ever!!!

No comments: