Friday, January 27, 2006

I had my first appointment at the Loyola Speech Center today! It was really fun! I love that place, first of all the elevator is awesome!! We got in, Mommy faced me toward the doors as usual, and then they closed. What a suprise, full length mirrors! I could see myself and Mommy and I loved it, I started laughing, how cool! Then we got to the speech place and went into this neat playroom. Mommy said the therapist had called to ask what I liked and it was all there! There was a kitchen with a big door for me to play with. Lots of cars and trucks. A big bucket of balls. And even a Chicken Dance Elmo! It was soooo great! Then the therapist just left us alone to play for a while. There was also a big mirror in the room that Mommy kept looking at, I wonder why. Mommy also kept turning me so I was facing that mirror, she was acting funny.

After all of that playing I got pretty sleepy so by the time the therapist came back in I was ready for a nap. I got kinda cranky with her and when Mommy left I started to cry. 11 AM is jut not the best time for me, but Mommy says we are stuck with it so we have to adjust. I slept the whole way home and then took a long nap.

Later my other speech therapist came over. We read some books and played. She gave me this cool plastic spider to play with which I really liked. I was in a good mood so I did talk for her a little, she was really impressed. Then Daddy came home and we played until it was bedtime. It was a pretty fun day!

No comments: