Monday, April 17, 2006

What a day we had today!!! We went to see Pat Winders and I decided that today was the day that I was gonna start trying to walk! So when Pat tried to get me to take a few steps, I did, and I did a pretty good job of it too. The thing with Pat is that when I am on a roll she likes to see just how far I can go. Well, I went, went, went! I walked over 100 feet today while holding her hands and sometimes even only holding one hand! Usually I am really tense about the whole walking thing but today I decided to have no fear. I was really relaxed and Pat said it was great how I didn't walk on my toes or anything. We walked all around the PT department and I had a great time checking out the new toys and seeing new people. I didn't cry, scream, pull my legs up or sit down once!!! Mommy said she was soooo proud of me (once she got over the shock!).

Usually when PT is over we go right home, but today we had a flat tire!!!! Mommy said she would have been much more upset about it if I hadn't had such a great session. I am glad I could help. So we waited for Daddy to come change the tire and we got to hang out in the lobby, which we never do. It was great! They had this really big long fishtank that was right on my level. There was this neat fish in there that was following me around and trying to kiss me through the glass. Me and that fish had a nice long conversation, we really bonded! They sure have a neat lobby at that place, I wish every doctors office had something like that!

Tommorow we don't have anything planned, but Mommy said we are definately gonna practice some more walking! I think she is worried that today was just a fluke....we will see!

No comments: