Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My First Beach Vacation.....by Quinn Banta

I just got back from my first beach vacation ever, and it was the best! I had a great time. We went to Ocean City, Maryland and stayed right on the boardwalk.

Our hotel room was huge and it had a room for Mommy and Daddy and one for me. My room had a ceiling fan in it, could I get any luckier??! Half the floor was tiles and I thought that was pretty neat, I liked the sound it made when I slapped it with my hands. The closet in Mommy and Daddy's room had doors made of mirrors. I kept crawling over to them so I could look at myself in the mirror. I am one cute baby! There was a huge bathtub in our room and I got to take a bath in it, but Mommy said I wasn't old enough for bubbles. I also had to take a shower with Daddy a couple of times cause I was so sandy. That was okay because the shower was huge too, and it had 3 shower heads in it! We had a balcony that overlooked the Ocean, I didn't use it much, but Mommy and Daddy would sit out there after I went to sleep.

The day we we got to the beach I was so excited! As soon as we got out of the car, I could tell we were someplace special! We went for a long walk on the boardwalk and saw so many neat things. Rides, games, kites, people, seagulls. It was really cool! We went all the way to the end of the boardwalk and had dinner at a fancy seafood restraunt overlooking the bay. I had to sit in a regular highchair like a big boy. I did a really great job sitting in it and Mommy said she was really proud of me! The best part was that we got some yummy ice cream on the way back to the hotel and Mommy gave me most of hers! I was so excited by my day that it was hard to fall asleep, but Mommy said it was important because tommorow would be even more fun!

She was right! The next day we went and played on the beach and that was so much fun! Daddy ran right into the ocean and spent the whole time boogie boarding. Mommy and me hung out on the beach and played. She brought me a bunch of beach toys to play with and the sand was really neat. Mommy said she was extra proud of me cause I knew not to eat the sand. I crawled all around our little area and watched all the kids playing. I also really liked watching the seagulls and would get all excited when they came near me. After that we walked down the boardwalk again and got some really yummy french fries. Mommy brought ketchup to put on hers and Daddy made fun of her. Me and Daddy are real Baltimorons so we ate our fries with just Apple Cider Vinegar on them, Yummy! I can't wait until I get some teeth so I can have crabs and Fishers popcorn too! Beach food rocks!

The next day we went to the pool instead of the beach. That was really fun! The pool was a lot calmer than the ocean so I got to go swimming too. Mommy put me in the floaty thing she got for me and let me float around the pool almost by myself! I loved it, I kicked my legs and splashed the water with my hands. It was officially the kids pool, so there were lots of kids to watch. Plus Daddy had the best time cause there was a waterslide and a lazy river. I did the lazy river, but I am not old enough for the slide yet, maybe next year. I really loved swimming and I can't wait to do it some more. The warm water really relaxed me so I fell asleep right in my floaty! Mommy took me out and we lay on a lounge chair and slept while Daddy played in the pool some more.

The next day we went to the beach again, but this time I wore a swim diaper so I could get wet. I did go wading a little and I really liked it until a big wave came a splashed me in the face. I did not like that one bit! I cried and Mommy made me feel better, we went back and I played with my beach toys for the rest of the time.

The rest of our trip was just a big blur of the Ocean, the Boardwalk, restaurants and fun! I loved every minute of our vacation and can't wait to do it again!!!!

No comments: