Thursday, September 22, 2005

We just got home from the Emergency Room, it has been quite a night! I am okay, apparently I didn't just have a normal cold, I had Croup!!! This afternoon I started to make some gaspy sounds along with more coughing. Mommy was worried about me, she canceled my OT so I could have the day off. When Daddy got home it got much worse so Mommy called Grandma Jan (she is the closest expert mommy). Grandma came over and told Mommy she should call the doctor. Mommy held the phone up to me while I was gasping and the doctor said "Mom, get that baby to the hospital right away!" So we went to the hospital and the nurse was like "Sounds croupy to me". The doctor came in and said "Yup". The gave me a breathing treatment and Mommy held a tube in front of my face and smokey stuff came out of it. That wasn't too bad, but then they looked in my ears and said "Clean em' out"....boy did that suck! They squirted tons of water in my ears to get all the wax out and I screamed the whole time.

The doctor came to check on me and said I needed another treatment and I had to wear a mask this time. I really didn't like that mask! I screamed and cryed the whole time, but when it was over I felt much better. I layed on my belly on the hospital bed and went to sleep. They made us wait 2 whole more hours before the would let us go home, but I slept the whole time. It was not a fun night and I am so glad it is over! The good news is that since we didn't get home till after midnight, Daddy gets to call in sick and stay home with me tommorow!

The doctor said lots of kids get Croup and it is not a big deal. He said I should get better in a few days and that if I start gasping again I have to go back to the hospital. Lets hope that doesn't happen again!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quinn thank you for letting us know how you are feeling and the ordeal you went through, I haven't been able to sleep after Grandma Donna told me about you,
now that you are home I feel better, tell your mommy to take good care of you, I know she will and I'm glad your daddy will be home with you too, Love you a whole lot G G Berta.